Monday, August 25, 2008

I love Michelle


Thank you Michelle Obama for a phenomenal "first lady" speech...I can only wonder what Cindy Mccain will talk about in her speech (documented addiction to drugs, daddy's beer empire, 7 plus houses, how many barbie-look-alike contests she has won, the downside of being a size 0 since age 10)...I found Michelle's speech to be touching, warm, and unequivocally American...this is a woman who has come from a working class background (like me...unlike Cindy) and a woman who has given her entire life to public service (like me, but mine in the food service industry...would you like fries or house salad?)...I am not even sure "barbie" Mccain would even know what fries are...I would vote for Barack JUST to see Michelle in the white house (is saying "white house" even politically correct anymore?) ...and, did you see the adorable two little girls? they were a delight although I completely disagree with what the older girl wore..it looked like she was going to an audition for a video shoot of Reba McEntire's FANCY. My 87 year old Grandma Faye told me on Sunday, "I'm not sure if America is ready for Barack Obama as president."...translation...a black man. Well, who knows...she may be right...America may be more racist than we think. I am ready...this is a man and a first lady and a family that has won me over....except of course, for that little outfit the oldest daughter wore on the convention floor of the DNC...